1.Watches with a manual mechanic movement should be winded every so often, but be careful and do not overwind the watch. Watches with an automatic movement should be winded differently, depending on how much it is worn; if worn daily, wind once every few weeks, if not worn daily, wind weekly.
2.Watches with quartz movements should have the worn batteries removed and replaced every few years. Extreme temperature changes can also cause harm to your watch and can dramatically affect its overall performance.
3.For water safety, it is essential to have your watch checked annually for water-resistance. Once you're in the water, make sure you do not adjust the crown, being that chlorine or salt water can seep into it. After, rinse your watch thoroughly.
4.To clean your watch, have a dry, soft cloth in hand. Be sure your timepiece is not exposed to any products that may damage the quality and finish of your watch.
5.Never discard the watch box your timepiece was presented in; this will preserve your watch and keep it looking brand new.
6. Every timepiece needs to be overhauled every couple of years to ensure its efficiency and performance.
7. Never use products or perfumes to clean any stains or spots on your watch dial. This can alter the look of your watch. (Bring your timepiece to Shami, we have the proper equipment to remove any stains or spots)
8. Be sure to remove your watch during any vigorous activities. Direct contact with any other object can cause damage to your timepiece.
9. Limit your watch's exposure to any hot water; the heat from the water will cause the gaskets to continue expanding and contracting.
10. Always make time to service your watch. Having your watch professionally serviced will ensure its quality lasts.
For all servicing inquiries, please visit and/or call the Shami Fine Watchmaking office.